Firelight Heritage Farm Publishing is based in the United States.
Availability of Artwork of Laura Wheeler
Artwork consists of FRAMABLE or UNFRAMED works. Laura Wheeler is skilled in the use of Acrylic, Oils, Oil Pastel, Watercolor, Watercolor Gouache (not illustrations, and NOT shiny), Felt Pen (blended works, NOT posterized works), Chalk Pastel, and Colored Pencil, with occasional diversions into graphite pencil sketches and some less common media.
Full Payment must always be verified before items are shipped or picked up. Works are NEVER sent on approval, nor by COD. Works are guaranteed to be of the quality represented. Items ship USPS on the Saturday following the order receipt.
“Of A Type” works available for Assembly Line works, are listed on the website, in the individual work descriptions. Many works that are based on the work of another artist may be used for Assembly Line production, BUT a few may ONLY be used that way when significantly altered.
ALL COPY and PRINT RIGHTS are RETAINED by Artist for ALL WORKS until sold, and when sold, Artist retains Print Rights in perpetuity (non-transferrable, but CONTRACTABLE). Purchaser receives Print Rights that are included legally with ownership of the work (Cpntractable only while ownership is retained). Purchaser may SELL the work (New owner now has Transferrable, and Contractable while ownership is retained), and seller may retain BY CONTRACT, ONLY non-transferrable, non-contractable rights (this is the nature of print art, and it has this limitation because of what it is).
ANOTHER NOTE: Prices are calculated on a metric that takes into account the size of the work, the materials used, the quality of the work, and the attention to detail within the work. Upgrades in pricing for many things, Downgrades for many other things. It isn't perfect. There isn't quite a charge for the Ah-Ha factor, but we do the best we can. (A summary of the applied metric is on the bottom of each listing.)
1. Firelightheritagefarm.com has retail priced works for sale. Photography of the works is marginal, but the works are represented as carefully as possible.
2. Listed works are available batched, by similar price, or by medium, size, or subject classification. A purchaser may also group specific titles into a custom batch. When bought in batches, the shipping charge is reduced to actual (if shipped, or if picked up – reduces price by the shipping charge shown at the bottom of the listing, with actual shipping ADDED), and a 10% discount is applied after the shipping charge is removed. Minimum batch of 4. Offers will be entertained, but lowballers should expect to be rational, and not waste the time of the artist.
3. We also offer standard batched collections, at 90% of list price, in batches of 10. These are CATEGORICAL, NONE are identical, NONE are “Variant Works” and include (but are not limited to):
Sponge Floral Landscapes
Sponge Floral Landscapes with Glitter
Drapy Floral Landscapes
Drapy Floral Landscapes with Glitter
Impressionistic Floral Landscapes
Impressionistic Floral Landscapes with Glitter
Surreal Color Florals (no flowerheads)
Surreal Color Florals with Glitter (no flowerheads)
Small Format Floral Macros (5X5, 8X8)
Small Format Floral Macros with Glitter (5X5, 8X8)
Small Format Landscapes (5X5, 8X8)
Small Rocky Streams
Small Rocky Streams With Vegetation
Slop Art (Floral, Colorful Abstract, Beaches, Landscapes, Light or Classic Impasto [NOT Heavy or Sculpted Impasto], Metallic, and more)
Abstract Impressionistic Waterfalls
Paint Palette Florals
Paint Palette Landscapes
Simple Lighthouses with Glitter
Detailed and Impressionistic Fractals
Detailed Impressionistic Miniature (3X3, 3X5, 5X7)
Detailed Impressionistic Miniature With Border (3X3, 3X5, 5X7)
Each contains a CATEGORY of art, and a similar subject matter, but all of the paintings are DIFFERENT, CUSTOM painted according to stipulation of category. For example, you order waterfalls in an 8X10 canvas acrylic. We send you paintings of 10 different waterfalls, in somewhat different styles, with wildly different coloring, and we NEVER paint those waterfalls again (except as a variant sold in a different manner). You get UNIQUE art, EVERY time.
These are a BUDGET art item, that allows you to specify a grouping of Custom Paintings that meet your need for volume sales of specific types or subject matter, and which allow you to negotiate for various features, according to what you can afford. For example, small rocky waterfalls are one price, and small rocky waterfalls WITH vegetation are another, and the second costs more than the first, because it is more complicated. Macro Florals with Glitter cost more than Macro Florals without glitter..
4. Works “of a type” may be ordered, (Assembly Line Variants). Buyer may stipulate size, medium, and acceptable titles for similar production. Works created will be done with some unique detail within each one, and it has MORE than one thing different from painting to painting, usually including color. This is original production art, NOT identical works. Price is somewhat negotiable for batches of paintings of a type (price reductions require reduction in value of the work), and must be ordered in batches of 4 of the same type. Price negotiation means that compromises must be made in the production to reduce the cost of production, but there is quite a bit of flexibility there. Price STARTS at 85% of the cost of the original work, and Laura will stipulate any required compromises at that price (not required for all works, but for many with tricky bits). Turnaround time is generally 1-3 weeks (depending on medium production time and cure time) provided supplies are in stock, and order is not large. Add ONE DAY to production time for each batch ordered in a single order.
5. Batch production of near identical works (Assembly Line Reproductions). Available in batches of 4 of the same painting (some variation in color or paint texture may occur between batches of the same painting). Buyer specifies “of a type” with similar work that Laura has already completed, and it is done the same as #3, but all works in the batch are done with the same colors, medium, and subject, though altered to be unique from the original, but not from each other (individual differences are present by accident not by design). ONLY available for Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Watercolor Gouache, Pastel, and Oil Pastel works, and for Line and Wash works (method is not fully developed for colored pencil or felt pen). Price is negotiable, under the same terms as #3, but price STARTS at 75% of the cost of the original work, and Laura WILL stipulate any required compromises on tricky bits, or costly supplies. Turnaround time is generally 1-3 weeks (depending on medium production time, and cure time) provided supplies are in stock, and order is not large. Add ONE DAY to production time for each batch ordered in a single order.
6. Batch production of NOT identical works (Assembly Line Not Identical). Available in batches of 4-100 of a very similar painting (generally no variation in colors or subject elements, just variation in PLACEMENT or SHAPES of elements within a batch). Buyer specifies “of a type” with similar work that Laura has already completed, and it is done the same as #5, but four or more works are done with the same colors, medium, and subject, though altered to be VISIBLY UNIQUE FROM EACH OTHER. ONLY available for Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Watercolor Gouache, Pastel, and Oil Pastel works, and for Line and Wash works (method is not fully developed for colored pencil or felt pen). Price is negotiable, under the same terms as #3, but price STARTS at 80% of the cost of the original work, and Laura WILL stipulate any required compromises on tricky bits, or costly supplies. Turnaround time is generally 1-3 weeks (depending on medium production time, and cure time) provided supplies are in stock, and order is not large. Add ONE DAY to production time for each batch ordered in a single order.
Turnaround time by Media
Affected by Order Volume, Prep Time, Production Time, Dry Time (time to handling), Cure Time (time to packing), and Production Limitations (supply availability, shop volume loads, shipping constraints, personnel limits, etc.).
Generally, production time consists of 1 week PLUS 1 day for each batch of 4 (some exceptions will shorten or lengthen this), PLUS time to account for demands of the media type. The chart below shows 1 week plus media specific.
Oil Paint – 2 weeks (accounts for extended dry and cure time)
Acrylic – 10 days (needs 3 days cure time)
Watercolor – 1 week
Watercolor Gouache – 10 days (needs 3 days cure time)
Felt Pen – 1 week to 10 days, depending on size of work (felt pen is slow and meticulous)
Colored Pencil – same as felt pen
Chalk – 1 week
Oil Pastel – 10 days (it is slow due to hand stress)
Miniature Detail – Add 3-6 weeks to turnaround time, depending on size (heavy use of very small brushes)
Fine Detail – Add 1-2 weeks to turnaround time, depending on size (heavy use of small brushes)
Batch of 10 – Add 2 days
Batched Unique (Categorized) – Add 2 days
Light Acrylic Impasto – 10 days (longer dry and cure time)
Heavy Acrylic Impasto – 2 weeks (extended cure time)
Sculpted Acrylic Impasto – 4 weeks (very long dry and cure time)
Classic Oil Impasto – 2 ½ weeks (extended dry and cure time)
Heavy Oil Impasto – 4 weeks (very long dry and cure time)